Progetto comenius dolphins
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Progetto comenius dolphins
- 1. Liceo Statale Vito Capialbi Vibo Valentia, Italy Comenius ProjectNO HUMAN NO CRY Head Master: Mr Giovanni Policaro Project Coordinator: Anna Pia Perri
- 2. Dolphins
- 3. The common dolphin (Delphinus delphis) is a very rare species in Italian seas, now.
- 4. Dolphins have long played a role in human culture. They are common in Greek and Hindu mythology.
- 5. They are an increasingly popular choice of animal for therapy of psychological problems and developmental disabilities.
- 6. They are also common in contemporary literature, especially science fiction novels.They are a popular artistic motif, dating back to ancient times.
- 7. They are often regarded as one of Earths most intelligent animals.
- 8. Some dolphin species (which are critically or seriously endangered), face an uncertain future.
- 9. Pesticides, heavy metals, plastics and other industrial and agricultural pollutants that do not disintegrate rapidly in the environment concentrate in predators such as dolphins.
- 10. Injuries or deaths due to collisions with boats, especially their propellers, are also common. Various fishing methods, unintentionally, kill many dolphins.
- 11. How to save them?Fighting against illegal fishing and marine pollution!
- 12. Vittoria Ficch 1 AL Liceo Statale Vito Capialbi Vibo Valentia, ItalyVienna, 14 th-18 th March 2012